How to Prevent Engine Contamination on WorksitesDecember 1, 2022
Clean Farming Equipment Leads to a Cleaner EnvironmentJanuary 10, 2023
Owning and maintaining a vehicle is a big responsibility. It requires a great deal of care (and money) to ensure that your ride is running smoothly all year round. But winter is particularly tough on vehicles and their owners. The cold temperatures, the snow, the ice, and the salted roads can pose a threat to the safety and integrity of your machinery. As we inch ever closer to the coldest season of the year, get a head start on prepping your vehicle(s) for the harsh conditions. Let’s take a closer look at some of the most important cleaning and maintenance tips:
- Flush Out the Gunk. One of the first things you should do when preparing for the cold weather is wash your vehicle. With regular use, such heavy machinery can accumulate dirt clods, clumps of grass, and even pockets of road salt in the winter. Getting rid of all this organic material build-up will discourage rust formation and keep pests at bay.
- Inspect All the Components. The secret to keeping your machinery running well into the future is preservation. Make regular routine inspections of all essential components, including tires, hoses, fuel lines, and batteries. Rubber components are particularly vulnerable in the winter, as they can become brittle and crack. If something is old or visibly worn out, now is the time to replace it.
- Keep It Warm. Not everyone can afford to park their heavy machinery in a heated garage, but ensure that your vehicles are somewhat sheltered from the cold. Even a localized engine block heater will keep the vital components safe from the cold temperatures.
- Use It or Lose It. It may seem counterproductive, but using your vehicle during the cold winter months can actually prove beneficial. Let it warm up and take it out for a spin every once in a while to keep the engine in tip-top condition.
- Off-season Servicing. This is the time of year when folks slow down and prepare for the season ahead. Take your vehicle in for inspection, and get all repairs and maintenance done while the weather is still cold. Then, you’ll be ready to hit the ground running when spring rolls around.
Here at Neptune Wash Solutions, we pride ourselves on helping our customers keep their
vehicles (and the roads they drive on) clean. Want to learn more? Take a look at our website for our full lineup of products that will keep your vehicles in tip-top condition this winter. Call us for a quote today!